The City of Portsmouth Community Development Department provides technical and financial assistance for project activities which benefit the citizens of Portsmouth, Ohio.
The Community Development Department, in cooperation with federal and state of Ohio agencies, works to provide funding for eligible projects in the City in the areas of economic development, housing rehabilitation, and public works/ infrastructure improvement programs that meet federal and state objectives and benefits low- and moderate-income persons.
Our overall objectives are to:
- Attract, expand, and retain business and industry to create and retain long-term jobs in the private sector
- Conserve and expand the affordable housing stock in order to provide a decent home and a suitable living environment
- Improve and expand public works and facilities in order to prevent the deterioration of property and neighborhoods
- Provide long-term solutions to the need for jobs and affordable housing
- Provide social and other public services for eligible low-income citizens of Portsmouth
Helpful Links: Our Partners In Progress
- Scioto Active Transportation Plan
- Ohio Department of Development
- Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission
- Ohio Historical Preservation Office
- City of Portsmouth Master Plan
FAIR HOUSING AND HUMAN RIGHTS