The RLF Application Form needs to be completed as accurately and as up-to-date as possible. Additionally, a complete Business Plan is required. Essential to the application are accurate and current financial reports. To obtain a copy, click the RLF Application Form.
A non-refundable $250 application fee must be remitted with the application.
Depending upon the type of project, different types of documentation will also be required. These may include but are not limited to:
- Proof of equity investment
- Commitment letter(s) from banks and any other lenders / project participants
- Articles of incorporation, franchise agreement, and partnership agreement
- Past three years of financial statements
- Balance sheet, income statement, and profit and loss statement
- Past three years of business tax returns
- Current business financial statement
- Schedule of outstanding debt
- Personal financial statements of all owners (within the past 90 days and signed)
- Personal tax returns of all owners
- Resumes of key management
Upon completion of all required documents and application fee, the staff will review the application to ensure that the loan request meets all RLF requirements, that the application is complete, and that all necessary documentation has been provided.
If incomplete, the loan applicant will be contacted. If complete and all RLF requirements are met, the application will be presented to a local RLF committee.
Approval at both the local level and the State is required before a loan is approved. This process can be lengthy. The applicant is advised that the RLF is not a source of speedy funds for immediate needs.