The Portsmouth Municipal Court is accepting resumes for the following position:
Intensive Supervised Probation (ISP) Case Manager
Job duties include the supervision of offenders placed in the Community Corrections Act (CCA) funded ISP program. This position also facilitates specific education programs related to teaching cognitive skills curriculum and coordinates the development of a Motivational Enhancement Model for offenders.
- Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of adult education, effective teaching, adult learning styles, assessment, diagnosis and remediation of individual instruction.
- Must have knowledge of motivational enhancement techniques and cognitive behavioral theory.
- Must have training and skills in cognitive skills instruction, motivational interviewing, changing offender behavior, assessing and reporting student progress and adjusting teaching strategies, and behavior management and modification strategies.
- Must be proficient to operate office equipment such as desktop computer including word processing, Microsoft excel, Outlook and power point.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of court employees including judges, judicial staff, court leadership and administration, vendors and general public.
All Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in criminal justice or related field with a preference of one (1) year experience in a human service field, offender/criminal justice population or related field; or a minimum of an associate’s degree in criminal justice, human services or related field with two (2) year experience in a human services field, offender/criminal justice populations or related field.
The Portsmouth Municipal Court is an equal opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, veteran status, or political affiliation and to promote the full realization of equal opportunity through a continuing equal opportunity program within the City as long as the individual is physically and mentally capable of meeting the specific job descriptions of the particular job.